Functional Physiotherapy – Healthy movement can transform your vitality and fitness
Welcome to Functional Physiotherapy. We offer a unique environment where physiotherapy, Pilates-informed exercises and other strength and conditioning activities combine to optimise movement for a healthy fit and fulfilling life.
Our McKenzie Method focus continues as we design our strength and motor control programmes around each individuals movement preferences. We assess the way the body moves, and where it moves well or if there are deficits. We then incorporate this into the programme, to allow for very targeted exercise and improved movement health.
If you are looking to improve your general health and fitness, searching for answers to an injury or illness, enhancing your sporting performance or wanting to tone your body then look no further.
Because your performance is important to us, we assess your current fitness, take into consideration your previous injuries, the way you move, your strength and weaknesses and integrate
- Exercises drawn form a Pilates framework
- Strength and conditioning fundamentals
into a powerful form of rehabilitation and fitness individualised to your needs.
All our programs are structured specifically to your needs and more importantly to help you reach your fitness, health or wellness goals. Our Practice is fully equipped with reformers Juvo boards, Rip 60’s, Core sticks and an incline treadmill maximise each work out.
Offering a comprehensive service allows us to optimise the results you are looking for. For this reason we have programs for special interest groups such as
- Healthy movement,strength and power to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
- Low back pain
- Total body conditioning and toning
- Pre and postnatal exercise.
- Advanced Functional Physio 60 for those who want to continue with their individualised programme with added complexity and strength for those who qualify to incorporate more functional movement
All our group sessions are run by Physiotherapists.